Ultimaker 3 and
Ultimaker 3 Extended
Professional 3D printing made accessible
The Ultimaker 3 is the most reliable dual extrusion 3D printer available. Achieve complex designs and improved 3D print performance, thanks to its unique auto-nozzle lifting system, professional build and support material combinations, and swappable print cores.
Featuring seamless hardware, software and material integration, the Ultimaker 3 and Ultimaker 3 Extended enable designers, engineers and manufacturers approach the innovation process in a completely new way. Create complex geometries and achieve remarkable design intricacy with the most reliable dual extrusion on the market.
Combine build and water-soluble support materials to create complex mechanical parts and intricate surfaces or choose to print with two colours. Ultimaker 3’s unique auto nozzle-lifting system ensures a smooth, professional finish with every print.
Swap-able print cores
Faster print core changes mean higher uptime and easier maintenance. Your Ultimaker 3 comes with print cores for build (AA) and support (BB) materials. There’s a customized nozzle geometry per material – ensuring lower clogging risks and a more reliable 3D printing experience.
New optimised cooling
Ultimaker 3 has a powerful, low-noise fan system. Featuring two new radial fans and fan shrouds, it creates greater pressure build-up for an improved airflow. This ensures better cooling, high quality bridging, faster print runs and smooth print surfaces.
LED status indicators
Print core LED lights ensure an optimised 3D printing experience by alerting if any user interaction is needed.
- Optimized Cura material profiles. Extensively tested preconfigured Cura profiles make for a smoother, more seamless 3D printing experience by automatically adjusting the necessary settings for each material and print core. Produce consistent, quality results with every print.
- Material recognition with NFC scanner. Built-in material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is primed and ready for the task. Ultimaker 3 detects and identifies the material on the reel holder and checks the correspondence of a filament and print core type being used. EEPROM print core chip. The EEPROM chip in the print core memorises the size andtype of your nozzle, notifies you in case of misuse and, as a result, helps achieve higher print success rates.
- USB port. Enjoy standalone printing using a USB stick (16GB included).
- Wi-Fi / LAN. Send your print project quickly and easily to your Ultimaker 3 via Cura.
- Live camera. Monitor every stage of your 3D printing project remotely by simply connecting to your Ultimaker 3’s Wi-Fi network. The result? Optimized workflow and exceptional control.
Together with optimized Ultimaker Cura profiles, advanced material recognition system, and material-matching swappable print cores, Ultimaker 3 is engineered for high uptime and reliable, industrial-grade results. And with Cura Connect you can now manage multiple 3D printers from your desktop.
To reduce time to market, we set up a print farm of around 20 Ultimaker 3 machines to 3D print the improved reel holders with a new, improved design. Used as an additive manufacturing system, the first Ultimaker 3 printers proved to be production-ready, reliable, and able to deliver results.
- Active leveling. The capacitive sensor in the print head measures distances between the print bed and the nozzle, and the tilt angle is compensated by adjusting the z height in the first layers. The result? More accurate levelling and improved build plate adhesion.
- New refined design. The Ultimaker 3 features a build plate that’s lighter and stiffer, which reduces vibrations and helps produce an unrivalled print quality. The removable glass plate makes it easy to access your prints.
- Heated build plate. Thanks to the heated glass build plate, you can print using many different materials and with improved build plate adhesion.
Geared feeders exert more force on the filament, and also eliminate heat exposure from the motor.
Change your 3D printing materials with ease, select the correct pressure with a push on a button, and use the lever function to manually insert or remove a filament. More control means more successful, reliable and durable 3D print results, without compromise.
- Ultimaker materials. Print with a wide range of materials, including Nylon, PLA, ABS, CPE and PVA – with material portfolio due to be expanded with CPE+, PC and TPU 95A in the future. Combine two build materials for dual-color 3D prints or achieve state-of- the-art complexity with build and water-soluble support material combinations (Nylon/PVA and PLA/PVA).
- NFC material scanner. Your Ultimaker 3 identifies the material that is being loaded andchecks the correspondence of the filament and print core type you are using. Coupled with our extensively tested preconfigured material profiles in Cura, the Ultimaker 3’s material recognition system ensures your 3D printer is set for the highest-quality results.
- Open filament system. With our integrated ecosystem of reliable hardware, extensively tested materials and cutting-edge software, you are guaranteed the highest level results and optimized 3D printing experience. Yet, thanks to the Ultimaker open filament system, you have the freedom to try and test other types of existing filaments or manufacture your custom solution that would match your specific requirements.
You get the same great machine with the Ultimaker 3 Extended as the Ultimaker 3. The only difference is the size of Build volume and outer dimensions.
215 x 215 x 200 mm (left or right nozzle)
197 x 215 x 200 mm (dual extrusion)
Ultimaker 3 Extended
215 x 215 x 300 mm (left or right nozzle)
197 x 215 x 300 mm (dual extrusion)
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions with bowden tube and spool holder:
342 x 505 x 588 mm
Ultimaker 3 Extended
342 x 505 x 688 mm
To find out more about 3D Printers, or to request a quote or demonstration, call 020 7436 9004 and ask to speak to a member of the of 3D team or email us.