Vectorworks Landmark Training Course
Vectorworks Landmark Training
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those new to Vectorworks or existing users looking to expand past knowledge.
What will you learn?
Starting at the initial design development stage, you will learn how to generate comprehensive working drawings, model in 3D, render, document, compose and present projects in the context of landscape and garden design. You will also learn how to increase efficiency and productivity using Vectorworks.
Length: Two days
Time: 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
Where: Online or in-person
Pre-requisites: No previous experience of Vectorworks is necessary, although basic computer literacy is recommended.
Main topics include:
- Introduction to the Vectorworks software and shortcuts
- Setting up the Workspace
- All about Design layer, Sheet layer and Classes
- Basic tool palette
- Customising tools as per needs and requirements
- Document settings – Vectorworks preferences, scaling, setting up units and page setup
- Import and Export, publishing files, converting to PDF
- Dimension and tape measurements
- Attributes – fill, pen, Eyedropper tool, line end marker, shadows and custom colour palettes
- Object info palette – shape, data and render
- Site planning tools – Hardscape tool, creating a roadway, guardrail
- Setting up GIS
- Space Planning tools
- Modify tools
- Edit tools
- View tools
- Text tools
- Model tools
- 2D, 3D and hybrid symbols
- Drawing elevations – methods and techniques
- Importing images for graphic illustration
- Introduction to Resource Browser – Importing trees, plants and shrub, bulb plantation, ground covers, indoor plants, lighting layout and furniture
- Setting up the light intensity using the Helidon tool
- Creating sheets – A1, A2 and A3
- Creating Viewports – plan, section, elevation, views
- Advanced sheet layer setting, sheet layer rendering and update, annotation and edit crop
Nov – Upon Request
Dec – Upon Request
Jan – 23rd & 24th
Feb – 27th & 28th
Mar – 27th & 28th
Apr – 24th & 25th
May – 29th & 30th
Jun – 27th & 28th
Jul – 24th & 25th
Aug – 27th & 28th
Sep – 24th & 25th
Oct – 24th & 25th
Nov – 27th & 28th
Dec – 19th & 20th
Want to learn more?
If you wish to learn more about this course or if you can’t see what you need on our website, please contact us using this form or call us on +44 (0) 207 436 9004. We look forward to talking to you.