AECOsim Building Designer
Multi-discipline Building Design Software
Design, analyse, document, and visualise buildings of any size, form, and complexity. Effectively communicate design intent and bridge barriers between building disciplines and geographically distributed teams. AECOsim Building Designer provides building information modelling (BIM) advancements so you can deliver buildings faster and with greater confidence – confidence in your design, workflow, capabilities, and deliverables.
- Multi-discipline: Increase collaboration among architects, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineers with a shared set of tools and workflows
- Interoperability: Integrate information you have from multiple formats and easily work on projects of any size
- Information-rich deliverables: Clearly communicate your design intent with reliable deliverables that you can easily customise
- Unrestrictive design environment: Model anything with total freedom from buildings with simple to highly complex geometry and designs
- Building performance: Simulate buildings and predict real-world performance of the asset quickly and with precision to explore various options for iterative refinement
WHAT’S NEW IN AECOsim?
design buildings better than ever with innovative capabilities so you can easily create multi-discipline models
The new AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition shares a comprehensive modeling environment with all of Bentley’s CONNECT Edition applications. Without a comprehensive modeling environment, engineers and architects have had to struggle with complex data exchange, resulting in information loss and repeated translations, or even resort to force-fitting a BIM application beyond its intended use to model geometry, which is lacking in BIM intelligence.
AECOsim Building Designer CONNECT Edition integrates the work of architects, structural engineers, and MEP engineers in a single application, and now extends its scalability by leveraging CONNECT Edition’s comprehensive modeling environment. The new release provides seamless, translation-free, intra-operability with Bentley’s full multi-discipline portfolio of design, analytical, and construction modeling applications.
All CONNECT Edition applications, including MicroStation CONNECT Edition, benefit from the deliverables production automation inherent in the CONNECT Edition’s documentation centre. The documentation centre greatly improves the consistency, quality, and efficiency of drawing set organisation. AECOsim Building Designer also benefits from reality modelling, by which existing conditions are captured through photos and/or scans and converted into engineering-ready reality meshes with Bentley’s ContextCapture, bringing the actual geo-coordinated context directly into the AECOsim design environment.