MicroStation’s advanced parametric 3D modelling capabilities allow infrastructure professionals of any discipline to deliver data-driven, BIM-ready models. Your team can aggregate their work on MicroStation, including designs and models created with Bentley’s discipline specific BIM applications. As a result, you can create comprehensive, multi-discipline BIM models, documentation, and other deliverables. Since your project team will work in a universal modelling application, they can communicate easily to share intelligent deliverables and maintain the full integrity of your data.
MicroStation and all Bentley BIM applications are built on the same comprehensive modelling platform. You therefore can easily progress your MicroStation work into discipline specific workflows with Bentley’s design and analytical modelling BIM applications. With this flexibility, each member of your project team has exactly the right application for the work they need to do.
Get all the advantages of BIM without the need to change your existing workflows.
MicroStation is more than CAD software and it enables:
- Automated Deliverables. Leverage data-driven comprehensive BIM models to automate the creation and sharing of project deliverables such as drawing sheets, schedules, models, visualisations, and more.
- Reality Modeling. Effortlessly integrate contextual information for your designs, including reality meshes, images, point clouds, GIS data, Revit or other models, DWG files, external data sources like Bing maps, and much more.
- Intrinsic Geo-coordination. Work in context in an intrinsically geo-coordinated environment so that your BIM models are designed in precise geographic and geometric context.
- Functional Components. Experience true 3-D parametric design for advanced design modeling, leveraging both 2D and 3D constraints to accurately capture and model design intent.
- Hypermodelling. Provide deeper insight into designs through a rich, visual 3D experience that integrates annotated documentation into 3D models.