Free Reality Modelling Seminar and Workshop
London 12th July 2017
Laser scanning has been with us for years but remains expensive and requires surveying skills. Now, it competes head on with photogrammetry, which uses complex algorithms to compile and process hundreds of photographs taken with a simple point-and-click camera to derive accurate 3D models. Both technologies are very close in terms of accuracy, bringing access to reality modelling within the grasp of everyone. It has never been so easy to grab the as-built state of a project, both outside and in, and link this to VR or AR.
With reality Modelling, you can:
- Add real-world imagery to your infrastructure project
- Capture, process, or reuse existing site condition data with 3D imaging and point-cloud processing software
- Streamline capture-to-model workflows, eliminate time-consuming translations
- Accelerate image and point-cloud data performance to add accurate real-world imagery to your projects
In our upcoming free full day Reality Modelling Seminar and Workshop, we will be focussing on the Bentley suite of Reality Modelling software. This full day event will be of interest to anyone who wants to capture existing environmental context data.
Products featured at the event will include:
With ContextCapture Center, you can quickly produce even the largest and most challenging 3D models of existing conditions for infrastructure projects of all types, including scales as large as entire cities, derived from any digital photographs, including support for the most sophisticated aerial camera systems, including UAVs acquisition systems. Without the need for expensive, specialized equipment, you can quickly create and use these highly detailed 3D reality models to provide precise real-world context for design, construction, and operations decisions for use throughout the lifecycle of projects.
Make the most of your reality modelling data with the ability to integrate point clouds, reality meshes, scalable digital terrain models, and raster imagery into your infrastructure workflows.
With Descartes you can extend your capabilities to extract value from reality modelling data of any scale through the ability to:
- Visualize and manipulate its display
- Combine it with CAD, BIM, and GIS data
- Extract information like terrain models
- Edit and clean up reality modelling data
Most infrastructure projects require the conversion of legacy documents. Descartes helps you integrate all imagery into engineering workflows to improve the overall quality of your project
Quickly visualize, manipulate, animate, and edit point clouds all in a single workflow. This streamlined process helps you decrease production time and increase overall accuracy.
Process point clouds for all your infrastructure projects, with Bentley Pointools.
- High-performance point-cloud engine
- Fast level of detail, layer-based editing and segmentation of data
- Professional-quality images, animations, and movies
- Clash detection
Bentley Pointools is powered by Pointools Vortex, the industry’s leading point-cloud engine, which enables the support of very large point clouds. You can work on huge datasets with billions of points, manage scene parameters interactively, and rapidly load and unload native format point-cloud POD models. You will experience high-performance streaming with visual maximizing of point-cloud density, clarity, and detail.
With Bentley Pointools, you can easily import and view three types of objects:
- Point clouds, which can be imported from a large range of scanners
- Textured 3D models, which can be imported from a number of common model formats
- 2D CAD drawings, which can be imported from DXF, DWG, and SHP file formats
SITEOPS is a proven software-as-a-service (SaaS) conceptual design application. The product helps you quickly create conceptual site designs in a couple of hours – not days. You can evaluate more information in the early stages of your project, design more efficiently, and minimize your land development costs.
You can move beyond engineering to optioneering with the use of parametric design, smart objects, and optimization.
Instantly import the latest imagery and topographic data accessible from USGS and other sources. Quickly create, revise, and optimize site design layouts. Auto-generate a preliminary grading budget. Build dynamic 3D models while you work in 2D. Input CAD or surface files and receive outputs compatible with Bentley, Civil 3D, SketchUp, and Google Earth products. Deliver valuable engineering information to your client faster on any land development project.
With MicroStation, you can easily view, model, document, and visualize projects of any size or complexity. Use MicroStation to deliver projects smarter. With proven MicroStation technology, you can confidently take on any design, construction, or operations project. No matter what design information you are working with or what kind of deliverables are required, you can rely on MicroStation’s flexibility and power to get the job done on time and on budget.
The MicroStation family of products provide the power and versatility to precisely view, model, document, and visualize information-rich 2D and 3D designs of all types and scales for professionals in every discipline on infrastructure projects of every type.
Design, analyze, document, and visualize buildings of any size, form, and complexity. Effectively communicate design intent and bridge barriers between building disciplines and geographically distributed teams. AECOsim Building Designer provides building information modeling (BIM) advancements so you can deliver high-performance buildings faster and with greater confidence – confidence in your design, workflow, tools, and deliverables.
- Multi-discipline: Increase collaboration among architects, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineers with a shared set of tools and workflows
- Interoperability: Integrate information you have from multiple formats and easily work on projects of any size
- Information-rich deliverables: Clearly communicate your design intent with reliable deliverables that you can easily customize
- Unrestrictive design environment: Model anything with total freedom from buildings with simple to highly complex geometry and designs
- Building performance: Simulate buildings and predict real-world performance of the asset quickly and with precision to explore various options for iterative refinement
With Bentley LumenRT you no longer have to be a computer graphics expert in order to integrate life-like digital nature into your simulated infrastructure designs, and create high-impact visuals for stakeholders.
This revolutionary real-time visualization medium is both easy for any professional in the AECO industry to use and able to produce stunningly beautiful and easily understandable visualizations. Bentley LumenRT enables you to:
- animate infrastructure models with elements in motion such as simulated traffic using vehicles of all types, moving people, wind-swept plants, breeze-animated and seasonal trees, rolling clouds, rippling water and much more,
- easily generate attention-grabbing, cinematic-quality images and videos,
- share interactive, immersive 3D presentations with any stakeholder using Bentley LumenRT LiveCubes,
- create Bentley LumenRT scenes directly from inside MicroStation, including V8i SELECTseries and CONNECT Edition, Autodesk Revit, Esri CityEngine, Graphisoft ArchiCAD, Trimble Sketchup and also import from many leading 3D exchange formats Bentley users engaged in the capture of existing conditions to provide context for their designs can further benefit from reality modelling “enlivened’ with digital nature.
This technology has been jointly developed with the recently acquired e-on software, which is widely acclaimed in the digital content creation (DCC) market, where its VUE and PlantFactory products are a mainstay among computer graphics (CG) professionals in the media and entertainment, science, and education industries. E-on’s offerings have been used in the making of numerous blockbuster films, including Minions, Jupiter Ascending, How To Train Your Dragon, Avatar, The Hunger Games, The Avengers, Hugo, and Terminator.